The EC2 Provisioning team includes Network Provisioning, Server Provisioning and Data & Tools teams. I've managed all three teams working with ingestion of new racks, providing IP addresses to new hardware as well as handling hardware replacements on a very large network of hosts in 27 regions and over 100 data centers world wide. These teams are responsible for workflows and automation for scaling of data centers and decommissioning of hardware at end of life.
Leading the EC2 Chronos Team within EC2 Core Platform. The team is responsible for rolling out Time Sync (GPS synchronized clocks) world wide. The service is important for high volume transactions on distributed systems, live migration and other features in AWS.
- Increased accuracy of the Time Sync service to less than 1 ms
- Deployed the service to all regions and availability
Leading the Data Engineering Team within the Data Insights Group. The team uses data from multiple HR systems to provide datasets and dashboards to a broad analyst community as well as non technical users. The data focuses on workforce planning and diversity metrics and goals.
- Deprecate the legacy reporting platform used by recruiting, finance and other teams to get insights into more than one million employees and tens of millions of applicants.
- Created new data warehouse ETLs to integrate date from 40+ HR systems.
- Drove the development of security and filtering features in the AWS QuickSight product.
- Collaborated with customers and various departments to define the best entertainment and communication platform for the airline industry; efforts resulted in plans to implement a global communications suite (GCS) enabling Internet, cell phone and TV services to be used on aircraft.
- Designed and developed crew management interfaces for a wide range of system platforms and configurations, all based on a generic Web-based platform.
- Developed a platform that can be used to build new applications for content and configuration management, including media management, shopping, hospitality, surveys, content publishing and configuration modules specific to the operation of the IFEC/GCS equipment.
- Selected and coached team/product leads as “go to” resources for team members in quickly resolving issues and overcoming development challenges.
- Built new data structure and reporting system, allowing IT Directors to view security vulnerabilities on their individual networks.
- Successful project completion led to a second project to build a new database and Website to manage legal documents.
- Provided valuable feedback to sensor manufacturer that led to improvements in both the hardware and software.
- Created a base station to collect data on utilization of industrial lead acid batteries in different industries for critical analysis and reporting.
- Optimized the use and charge patterns, providing operators with fresh batteries at the beginning of each shift, reducing downtime and increasing the life of the batteries.
- Developed infrastructure, servers and software to make data visible from any Web browser, allowing fleet of batteries (trucks) to be monitored from anywhere.
- As the sole developer, asked to take part in sales calls, exhibitions, installations and troubleshooting.
- Requested by customer to develop a Tcl driver for FrontBase; had initial version running in less than 2 weeks, with final version deployed on servers 4 weeks later.
Origenius: Identified customers/employees for professional services startup comprised of some of the leading PHP developers; investors backed out during dotcom crash.
- Guided CFO and CEO in building company strategy, business plan and IT direction for Web hosting and software development consulting services.
- Redesigned solution from a single platform to an integrated suite of applications.
- Implemented strategies that lowered development time and increased product quality yet reduced staff by one-third.
- Seamlessly installed IT infrastructure, including network, file, database and Web servers, on different platforms and client computers.
- Partnered with sales team to close large accounts.
- Product was sold to 300+ customers in 5 countries; average installation: 800 users.
QA/QC Manager, Mark Information A/S, Denmark
CEO & IT Manager, Procom Frank S:A:R:L, France
Research Engineer & IT Manager, Procom Antennas A/S, Denmark